Transform At-Home Numeracy Discussions Immediately!
Take-Home Math Talk Booklets will boost your young learner’s math understanding while at the same time increase quality family discussions!
Take-Home Math Talk Booklets are designed to be easily printed, photocopied, and laminated so ALL of your learners can have accessible resources at home that promote mathematical discourse.
And, they’re FREE!
This booklet will have:
- 10 Math Before Bed prompts that spark math discussions in Patterning.
- a parent instruction page.
- a parent guide that has extra verbal prompts to keep the conversation going.
- a curriculum/standard guide that shows how the prompt relates to grade expectations.
- Print the booklet double sided. Two booklets per 8.5″ by 11″ sheet of paper.
- Cut out.
- Repeat for as many as you’d like.
- Send home with your students to engage their family in meaning full math discussions.
BENEFITS OF MATH BEFORE BED
The benefits of reading stories to our children at nighttime have been shared countless times over, and for good reason. Reading improves literacy skills. Why is it that we don’t do math with our children before bed?
Math Before Bed is a collection of prompts that can inspire mathematical discussions that you and your children can have before bed, at dinner, or anytime.
Each prompt shows you and your child a perplexing problem. Sometimes there is one right answer and sometimes there are many right answers.
The purpose of each question is to generate a discussion about HOW you determined an answer. If you find one answer, try to find another. You could complete one prompt a night, or many prompts.